What is life about? Is there something more? Does God exist? How do I know who God is? You may be asking these questions, and searching for God in different ways. We want to know the purpose of our life, what leads to true fulfilment and we all desire to love and be loved. As Christians, we are called to share the Great Story of Jesus as summarised below:
1. God loves us, our lives are good and full of meaning.
2. Jesus is the face of God’s presence among us.
3. Jesus did divine things – he healed and forgave sins.
4. Jesus embraced the Cross out of love for us.
5. Jesus overcame death, and is now alive forever.
6. We are invited to follow Jesus.
7. Our sins also can be forgiven.
8. We can accept God’s Holy Spirit, through baptism, or through repentance of past sins – this requires us to set out on a way of life that leaves something old behind.
9. Many Christians now walk the path of being disciples. You were created for relationship with God.
(Summarised from Chapt. 10 of 'Forming Intentional Disciples' by Sherry Weddell)
'For God so loved the world that he gave his only Son, so that everyone who believes in him may not perish but may have eternal life. Indeed, God did not send the Son into the world to condemn the world, but in order that the world might be saved through him.' (John 3:16-17)
Whatever stage you are at in your faith journey, that are lots of ways in which you can find out more. If you are thinking about the bigger questions in life, perhaps wanting to reconnect with your faith or would like to explore the possibility of becoming a Catholic, please get in touch with our Parish Priest via the Parish Office, or see our weekly newsletter or Facebook page for information.