We are blessed to have volunteers who take on many different roles in our churches and the wider parish community. From cleaning and gardening to helping out with an social event or group, there are lots of ways in which you can get involved and we are always happy to welcome new people.
Our Parish Forum meets several times a year to discuss ideas and initiatives and is open to everyone. Our objectives for 2018/2019 are:
1. To relaunch the Senior Youth Group, focusing especially on those to be confirmed next month and their friends.
2. To draw up preliminary plans and get costings for a toilet with wheelchair access at St Winefride’s Church.
3. To get costings for new kitchen units, the restoration of the floor, and the replacement of the two boilers at St Winefride’s Hall, and, in liaison with the Leeds Diocesan Finance Office, to investigate accessing public or trust funds to offset these costs.
4. To investigate with senior management at our two primary schools way of fostering more interaction with the parish, in particular through the holding of events in our churches specifically for pupils.
5. To investigate ways in which our churches can become more “child-friendly” through the provision of well resourced “messy church” areas during Mass.
6. To develop provision for older people in the parish.
7. To commence a programme of First Friday Masses whose intention, at Bishop Marcus’ request, will be “The evangelisation of the Diocese.”
8. To develop the formation programme for altar servers.
9. To create new opportunities for parishioners to express their views candidly and to engage in the building up of the parish.
10. To develop our liturgical musical repertoire.
11. To launch a new parish website and to promote parish activities more intentionally in local and social media.
12. To engage in outreach activities, such as an annual Friends and Family Day when parishioners are encouraged to invite others to accompany them to church and an Alpha Course.
If you would like to get more involved please see our weekly newsletter, follow us on Facebook or contact the Parish Office.
Please be aware that certain volunteer roles will require DBS checks by our Parish Safeguarding Officer.